søndag 20. september 2009

Hooray!

When I posted this blog, it was just about 256 hours 'til I'll be leaving Modum, bound for Mbale. It's crazy that the time at Hald is really going towards the end. In many ways, it feels as though it was yesterday the puzzled girl arrived here with no clue of what she had signed up for. At the same time, it feels like I've been here for ages. In this relatively short period of time, Hald has become a home away from home. Even after the week-end I went home to Vikersund, I thought of going to Hald as going "back home". People often say that "home is where your heart is", and I think that might be the case with Hald. With all these amazing people and good things going on, it's no wonder Hald is starting to feel like home =)

So it's no wonder I "jump" every time I realise that something is happening for the last time in a long time. This is for example my very last Sunday at Hald in more than seven months. There's simply not much time left here, meaning that it's starting to look bad for my plans of going horseback-riding for the first time, sleeping outside and becoming a "regular " at the yellow café on the corner in Mandal. But there's really no need to whine, after all, it's merely about 220 days 'til we're back again! Hooray! And those days will probably fly by, filled with wonderful experiences and a lot of good people in Uganda! So, hooray to that as well!

1 kommentar:

  1. Sprøtt, Silje. Sprøtt, men sant.

    Jeg kommer til å følge med.

    Hilsen Kjetil som også en gang bodde "in a calm and quite small town called Vikersund".

    SvarSlett